Men, listen up! This is the bro conversation we’ve been waiting our whole lives for you to have. Right here in this cultural moment. This is your moment, Men! You proud? Feeling good about yourself are you? Because if you can’t step up to plate now, and reign in this ancient testosterone overkill way of doing things, then we’re all doomed. Healing the crisis of men and culture is in everyone’s best interest.
This isn’t an exaggeration. Men are in crisis and so is our culture and our entire world. Now is the moment to stem it and radically transform it, for men, for humanity, for all species, for the Earth herself.
Because it has done enough damage and the time is critically late.
This is the big one guys. It will utterly dwarf any prior accomplishment you’re so puffed up about.
If you can do this men, if you can learn to wield power in its sacred way, share power co-equally to prosper and thrive; get your feet off the neck of the Earth and its good little consumer humans, if you can pull this off Men, yes you buddy, and you and you! Then let’s talk, drop me your digits.
That’s about how serious it is. The culture is literally on fire to purge the ills of men.
The reptilian brain, the oldest of the three we have, “includes the main structures found in a reptile’s brain: the brain stem and the cerebellum [mcgill.ca].” This part of our brain “is involved with primitive drives related to thirst, hunger, sexuality, and territoriality, as well as habits and procedural memory (like putting your keys in the same place everyday without thinking about it or riding a bike) [psychologytoday.com].”
It really feels like our entire culture DESPERATELY needs to move away from its own MASS reptilian tendencies.
Hatred is generational. Territorialism is generational. Beliefs and views are passed down. Anger goes unmanaged. It’s familial and social DNA. Brains fire a certain way. The world is seen in a small way. Entrenched, reinforced positions. Hardwired.
Healing culture and men in crisis is a top priority! So let’s begin.
- Divest from testosterone. No joke! It’s a myth men can’t be tender or caring. What’s needed is men who are already comfortable with their softer side to display it even more, show those men who are afraid to do that it’s fun and safe, to feel, to emote, to extend a hand.
- Invest in the intelligence of the heart! Yes, we have more intelligences than the brain. The heart is not merely a muscle and the heart space is an added resource. For example, over 50% of the heart’s cells are neural cells, identical to those in the brain.
Neurocardiologists have found that 60 to 65% of the cells of the heart are actually neural cells, not muscle cells as was previously believed. They are identical to the neural cells in the brain, operating through the same connecting links called ganglia, with the same axonal and dendritic connections that take place in the brain, as well as through the very same kinds of neurotransmitters found in the brain.
Joseph Chilton Pierce, author of “The Crack in the Cosmic Egg”
- Invest in healing! This is one area Reiki comes in. Healing is a personal responsibility. When you don’t heal your stuff, you project it to others. This can happen on the level of groups too, which has a bigger shadow impact on culture.
When people hear the word responsibility it feels like homework or a chore. What it really means is you handle your suffering. Everyone suffers. If you don’t heal your wounds, you play them out on others. This means you suffer more and make others suffer too. It’s that simple. Heal your stuff!
- Reiki practitioners and teachers have a huge place in this transformation. I’m calling on all of you who are Reiki-trained new or expert, to provide remote Reiki to our entire culture. Reiki offers many ways in which this can be accomplished. In this case, it has to be an ongoing, months-long application. The culture is hardened.
If you’re concerned about racial injustice, civil unrest or other trends that are fear-based a weekly application of remote Reiki with certain intentions is strongly suggested at a minimum.
Intentions to include:
- Improve listening ability across all sectors
- Encourage talking and expressing
- Open hearts and minds to the wonders of healing
- Increase brain activity in evolved parts of the brain
- Increase experiential education on Compassion
- Encourage heart space integration
- Emphasize the giant value of self-awareness
Healing men and a culture in crisis is everyone’s concern, and everyone has contributions to offer to make this a reality in society: Healed, peaceful men who wield power in ethical ways.
It’s a little too much detail to break all this down and explain why focusing on such elements does work. The ideas presented on this blog, the links included in this post, and resources such as Compassion are valid, often research-backed, time-tested and -honored methods and practices that have long-range positive effects in facilitating transformation and upgrading the status quo. See below.
To cite a few examples:
- I teach listening, the art of it, in all Shoden (Level I) Japanese Reiki classes. It’s a BIG deal! Our society talks at and over each other.
- Self-expression. Bottled up feelings lead to explosive situations.
- Healing is truly a remarkable event and in fact whole lifestyle.
- Meditation and healing have direct influence in bettering how our brains operate.
- Compassion. Not enough can be said about it.
- Heart space. Vital understanding everyone must integrate.
- Awareness. Primary resource without which we’re robots.
Please seriously consider contributing. Teacher / Master-Practitioner and sole proprietors like myself, have been severely affected by COVID-19. The note below is always attached, but I’m making a special appeal for your generosity. Thank you in advance.
Each post for the Reiki Help Blog can take up to 7 days to write/research, proofread/edit, and post with an appropriate image and formatting. If you leave this space with any value, knowledge, joy or understanding, please consider making a donation of your choice.
Authentic Japanese Reiki Master Teacher / Healer at my Oasis Reiki Dojo – Available globally. Meditation, Healing, and Spirituality training and services. Meditation Guide. Intuitive Coach. Spirituality Writer. Photographer. Poet. Artist. Dad. Plant-based.