The first part of this post ended with:
“Yet, there is a greater field which enables us to experience and share finer, elevated feelings. Love, kindness, compassion, empathy, or as the Dalai Lama calls it “warm-heartedness” all come from a spiritual field that encompasses and influences us. Of course to really receive this benefit, we must put in the time for sincere spiritual practice.”
Now we will look at some of the subtleties involved in energetic integrity, through the lens of Oneness. Oneness is an essential model of reality that can be quite heady, so let’s simplify and break it down. Oneness says:
- You are one with yourself.
- You are one with others.
- You are one with your environment (where you live and work).
- You are one with Nature and all of its lifeforms.
- You are one with the Planet.
- You are one with the Cosmos.
- You are one with the Divine.
You may be thinking, “This sounds nice but what does it mean?”
1) You are one with yourself, a holistic being composed of:
- An energy template
- A physical body
These are designed to work seamlessly as one unit, as long as you are alert, awake and present to each one. Everyone has natural strengths. Some are athletic, some intellectual, some great meditators, some show good emotional intelligence. It doesn’t make for a well-rounded and happy life, however, if your meditation doesn’t also lead to the ability to balance your checkbook, your intellect gets in the way of opening portals of perception, or you are a mindless jock.
Self-awareness and the insights it yields which lead to integration is what truly unifies you. You become aware of the parts that need attention, bring them up to speed and integrate all parts into a smooth-functioning whole.
We also tend to abandon ourselves as a result of wounds. You have to journey back home to yourself and once again inhabit all the parts of your being.
2) You are one with others, even though encased in your skin it looks like you’re separate, with several feet between you and everyone around you. How much more this distance seems when people are many miles away or from different cultures of which you know nothing. Right?
Without getting into all kinds of esoterica, let’s see how it’s true that you are one with others: Every single person in the world wants to be happy, healthy and safe. Beyond culture, status, education and career we all want the same core conditions and qualities. It couldn’t be simpler.
3) You are one with your environment (where you live and work), which retains the emotions and thoughts of everything that is experienced there. The spaces we occupy become part of us. Your cubicle, bedroom and living room say a lot about you. Often outer space reflects inner space. If you’re not in energetic integrity with yourself, your outer environments will also be disharmonious. Similarly, cleaning, clearing and beautifying a room will have a positive mental and spiritual effect. There’s a relationship between the human and the spaces we occupy.
4) You are one with Nature and all of its lifeforms, because life is a circle. Where do dead animals go, an elephant for instance? First on the scene are larger scavengers: jackals, vultures, and hyenas that possess a unique ability to crunch and digest bones. Then come smaller carrion-eaters, including insects. The excrement from the scavengers and the detritus from their endless feeding fertilizes the soil beneath and around the carcass. This causes vegetation to grow and draw a veil over the final residue; instead of the body being lowered into the ground, the ground rises over the body.
Humans are inextricably linked to this circle and are at the top of the food chain, which really means we have more responsibility, not just consumptive and destructive power.
5) You are one with the Planet, for without the Earth you would not exist! It is the Earth that provides the surface and gravitational pull on which you build your home. It is the Earth which grows your food. It is the Earth on which roads are built so you can visit family. It is the Earth and its atmosphere which gives you water, of which you are composed in two thirds. You can breathe on Earth.
You are one with the Earth. Your body is composed of elements all found on Earth.
6) You are one with the Cosmos. Yes it’s vast. Yes it’s unknowable. Yes it makes you feel like a speck. You’re still one with it. What else could be the truth about this? You’re swirling in it on your own planet. A planet that was born from cosmic forces. The cosmos prettifies your night sky and gives you a sun to make life possible. The cosmos provides a continuity too, a reassurance. Sirius the “dog star” (brightest star in our sky) is nine light years away; Orion Nebula is 1500 years; Andromeda Galaxy 2.5 is million years.
As you begin to open your portals of perception, it becomes increasingly tenable that the universe is not random. There is meaning and order in the universe and thus in life. Loss of meaning is a sure way to step out of energetic integrity. The void created by not having a sense of belonging is many times filled with a hungry attitude of “those with the most toys win” and all manner of addictions and personal aggrandizement.
And this continues to reinforce a deeply entrenched material consciousness in the human psyche. A material consciousness that refuses to at least consider the possibilities of Oneness.
7) You are one with the Divine. When you feel love, you experience God. The word “God” is a button-pusher for many, but everyone can accept and relate to love.
The Divine is unlimited and doesn’t have to be “God.” You can relate to the Divine in any way that is comfortable for you. This doesn’t mean that you’re deluded into declaring that a self-destructive behavior is your Divine! Creativity, skills and talents, beauty, great art and music, loving sex, charity, good leadership, solid education; there are just so many ways to be Divine.
Everything you’ve read here so far is an expression of the Divine. To be fully human is to be One! If we stay in separation we victimize ourselves and remain small. A small worldview produces small results, and keeps you stuck in unnecessary and unreal drama. Drama is a fool’s trap. Drama is a blame game. When you point the finger, three fingers are pointing back at you, and you have the option of pointing your thumb UP.
There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it’s going to be a butterfly.
— Buckminster Fuller
Each post for the Reiki Help Blog can take anywhere from 1-5 days to write/research, proofread/edit, and post with an appropriate image and formatting. If you leave this space with any value, knowledge, joy or understanding, please consider making a donation of your choice.
Donate to this blog. Thank you!
Authentic Japanese Reiki Master Teacher / Healer at my Oasis Reiki Dojo – Available globally. Meditation, Healing, and Spirituality training and services. Meditation Guide. Intuitive Coach. Spirituality Writer. Photographer. Poet. Artist. Dad. Plant-based.
7 thoughts on “How Oneness Leads to Energetic Integrity”
You are beacon of light, Pamir… wow this article is so beautiful and thought provoking. Thanks for putting it out there… we may need to reprint part of it some time next week…
I’ll retweet this for you a couple times.
You have nailed it, the crux of our sense of separation:
“The void created by not having a sense of belonging is many times filled with a hungry attitude of “those with the most toys win” and all manner of addictions and personal aggrandizement.”
It seems we are being prodded to wake up to our “oneness” on all seven levels you mentioned, with the turn of events at this time in history.
Let us hope that we grab on to this opportunity to get to know oneness on all levels of being!
Pamir, may the light of the love and joy of the holiday season surround you and your loved ones!
@Travis Wright: A collection of beacons to make this the brightest planet there is! That’s my vision.
@Miruh: This time in history is the falling of entrenched paradigms and good riddance. Mighty crashes all around from which arise mightier spiritualized societies.
Pingback:Reiki Help Blog » The business of Practical Enlightenment
Good begets good. Smile and send love out into the airwaves. For Love is a mighty force. Yes we can change the world. Just like the movie Pay It Forward. All things come full circle. Blessed to be a blessing.
Pingback:Reiki Help Blog » Reiki as it is
Pingback:Oneness as a Path to Health, Happiness, and Freedom | Reiki Help Blog :: Oasis Reiki Dojo
Comments are closed.